Words.
Words. What beautiful formulations they are! Tantalizing for both ear and lip, they may just be what I admire most. However, words are intended for a purpose--to communicate. They are supposed to convey meaning, yet far too often they have become elaborate fascades to just please another. Yes, I admit I have fallen prey to this easy solution; I use words to ensure people get what they want, even if they don't accurately represent my own desires.
Unfortunately, I have begun to observe my faith in the words spoken by the rest of humanity to dwindle. Perhaps my greatest annoyance is watching as such beautiful combinations are uttered without true intent. Words, the jewels to my very soul, mean nothing when they're nothing more than an empty statement. I cannot begin to express how aggravated I become when people utter phrases, originally intended to express love, in some form or another, so often that they are nothing more than vain repetition. All words must be followed by action. I have no tolerance for people not following up on what they say. Everyone sees the flaw of one expressing hunger, yet they decide that they will only speak of their troubles instead of putting in the effort to change their situation by going into their kitchen to get a bite to eat, correct? Why do so little understand this same principle applies to everything? I'm at fault, as well, yet I try to do all in my power to ensure my words have substance. I've lost my tolerance for those who do not. You could tell me you love me, but it is far more important for me to see your love for me through action. If you say anything to me, I expect it to be followed through by action, otherwise, I lose my faith in you--I cannot suffer through more meaningless statements than I previously have. I simply do not want to endure the pain anymore.

Comments
Post a Comment