"So just focus, and keep aiming."

 
  This little saying has come to mean a lot to me over the course of these past few weeks. I assume it was obvious that I wasn't as jovial or spiritual as I should've been, but the problem is, life gets hard. There are so many struggles that come with the decision to live in mortality. For me, the biggest struggle has become excepting that I am human--I hate knowing that I have made mistakes, but it is a part of life I have to try to accept. However, the purpose of this blog post was not so that I could rant to you about my life, but instead, it is to teach you about an important realization I have come to as my trials have cause my perspective to widen.
    This analogy of the arrow can further be expanded: once you've been pulled back as far as necessary to launch you into the greatness ahead of you, it is required that you let go of the draw string so you can soar. The longer you wait to release, the more pain you bring to yourself. You can refuse to let go in many ways, not forgiving yourself, not turning to God or even others for support, or just not allowing yourself to see the good you have hit upon impact.
    One of the most painful struggles I have observed among friends and families for years is the struggle with self-esteem and self-worth. I've struggled with it my entire life and I still struggle, however, I am beginning to understand that I have the opportunity to do something absolutely amazing with my life--everyone does. The problem that arises is when we try to define what something "absolutely amazing" would be. Our potential is different from every other person, we don't know the impact our seemingly simple and mundane lives may have on the life of another, but just because we don't see anything that the world would describe as "Earth shattering" doesn't mean we are not important, it doesn't mean we aren't going to accomplish great things in this life. However, refusing to believe in our abilities, or belittling the accomplishments we have had, only increases the hardships we have to endure before we can be set free. God has specified exactly how far we need to be pulled backwards in order to hit His desired target for us, we should not postpone our purpose by increasing our own pain as we refuse to let our struggles go. Turn to God, express your sorrows, He will lift your burdens--when it is time for your trials to be removed, they will be. However, in the process, it is imperative that we express to others our need of support. In so doing, we can let go, ease the tensions, and be able to be who God intended us to be faster. Don't be what prevents you from doing good and finding happiness, because ultimately, you are the only one who is holding yourself back.

Comments

Popular Posts