The Magnificence of the Human Mind
Lately I have been fascinated by the little things which differentiate individuals. It is amazing to me that people, who have grown up in the near exact situation, can have such different personalities. Our entire personality--our thoughts and actions--are simply based on electrical impulses that pass from the dendrites to the cell body to the axon of our neurons. Sodium goes out, potassium goes in, sodium goes in, potassium comes out. Yet, this seemingly basic action forms us all into unique individuals.
I consistently find myself pondering the "how"s of this occurrence--particularly in the form of creativity, as mentioned in an early post. Yet, I've pondered it concerning dreams, and a person's conversational abilities, as well. The latter came to prominence last night as I was conversing with a friend of mine. I was unaware of the depth my conversations usually take, and it was pointed out to me as my friend informed me that he was unable to participate in these conversations--a plea to stop concerning him with my own frivolities, at least for that time.
After ending the conversation, I tried to sleep, but my mind wouldn't put an end to its inquiry of why my mind tends to drift into deep and rather heavy subject matter, where no one else I have met has ever been able to do so. I then began to ponder on what would happen if I stumbled upon one who spoke such as I do, and how I would react to it. Inevitably, I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't enjoy it for very long, and I immediately felt regret for all the times I thrust my burdening dialogue upon others--especially since I do it to fully come to understand myself, instead of share personal information with those around me. There was a long period of time where I didn't feel like I had anyone I would trust with listening to me try to come to further understanding of myself, and so I began writing--hence the blog. I suppose it's time to go back to that, just as I'm doing now.
Despite how I communicate it, the human mind fascinates me, and I just want to be able to come to a greater understanding of how it works. While psychology is great, and I would love to know more about it, what I want to know is how electrical impulses become thoughts. How chemicals influence how we think and what we feel. I want to know how one person can be a completely unique individual, when their fundamental build-up is the same as everyone else's. How does a simple transfer of basic elements allow me to form a thought process that is advanced enough to even formulate these words and ideas? I'm sure these answers are common place to any neuroscientist, and if they are, then that is where I want to devote my time to achieving. I need to know what causes all of our differences. My electrical impulses desire to know how they manage to compile the unique individual that is "Saydee Ruth". They must know how everyone else, who has the same scientific building blocks as they do, functions so different.
I apologize for how repetitive this post is, I am just flabbergasted by the "how"s--as I am sure you have already gathered by my many posts on this blog. And I suppose it is time to finish my rant and begin working on my research!
I consistently find myself pondering the "how"s of this occurrence--particularly in the form of creativity, as mentioned in an early post. Yet, I've pondered it concerning dreams, and a person's conversational abilities, as well. The latter came to prominence last night as I was conversing with a friend of mine. I was unaware of the depth my conversations usually take, and it was pointed out to me as my friend informed me that he was unable to participate in these conversations--a plea to stop concerning him with my own frivolities, at least for that time.
After ending the conversation, I tried to sleep, but my mind wouldn't put an end to its inquiry of why my mind tends to drift into deep and rather heavy subject matter, where no one else I have met has ever been able to do so. I then began to ponder on what would happen if I stumbled upon one who spoke such as I do, and how I would react to it. Inevitably, I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't enjoy it for very long, and I immediately felt regret for all the times I thrust my burdening dialogue upon others--especially since I do it to fully come to understand myself, instead of share personal information with those around me. There was a long period of time where I didn't feel like I had anyone I would trust with listening to me try to come to further understanding of myself, and so I began writing--hence the blog. I suppose it's time to go back to that, just as I'm doing now.
Despite how I communicate it, the human mind fascinates me, and I just want to be able to come to a greater understanding of how it works. While psychology is great, and I would love to know more about it, what I want to know is how electrical impulses become thoughts. How chemicals influence how we think and what we feel. I want to know how one person can be a completely unique individual, when their fundamental build-up is the same as everyone else's. How does a simple transfer of basic elements allow me to form a thought process that is advanced enough to even formulate these words and ideas? I'm sure these answers are common place to any neuroscientist, and if they are, then that is where I want to devote my time to achieving. I need to know what causes all of our differences. My electrical impulses desire to know how they manage to compile the unique individual that is "Saydee Ruth". They must know how everyone else, who has the same scientific building blocks as they do, functions so different.
I apologize for how repetitive this post is, I am just flabbergasted by the "how"s--as I am sure you have already gathered by my many posts on this blog. And I suppose it is time to finish my rant and begin working on my research!
Comments
Post a Comment