Pain and Long Suffering
There is not a single thing in life that is worse than watching those of whom you love and care for dearly, endure pain and hardships. I am beginning to empathize all the more with those of you whom had to sit back and watch as I went through the hellish pain and sadness that afflicted me for so long, unable to do anything about it. I suppose that is what is so hard about watching others suffer--there isn't anything you can do about it.
As much as I wish I could wave a wand and utter some incoherent phrases and ease all the troubles burdening those I love, I simply cannot. There's nothing more I can do besides being there if ever they decide they need me. I wish I could just let them know what would bring them peace, knowing that they would take my advice. I cannot make anyone do anything; agency is a blessed gift bestowed upon all of us by a loving Father in Heaven. I understand how awful it is to have people try to tell you what would help you--I loathed whenever my mom, or others, mentioned turning to God. I realize now why they would constantly bombard me with their desires for me to repent and come unto Christ. I realize now that their tender tears sealed their testimony of the saving powers of Jesus Christ. My Savior lifted my burdens--didn't take them away, but I was able to feel an indescribable peace. That peace is the most cherished memory that I have. Without it, I wouldn't be where I am. I wouldn't be able to live my life with a genuine smile on my face, instead of the one I plastered on to please those around me.
I suppose I just want to seal my testimony with my words. Come unto Christ. Whether your burdens are heavy or light, He will lift them off your shoulders and help you make it through. I know the gospel is the only way to peace and joy that lasts. Nothing else in the world comes close. Never has, and never will. Trust me. I have emerged from the darkest pits of torment on the wings of my Savior. He can rescue you too. He will rescue you too.
As much as I wish I could wave a wand and utter some incoherent phrases and ease all the troubles burdening those I love, I simply cannot. There's nothing more I can do besides being there if ever they decide they need me. I wish I could just let them know what would bring them peace, knowing that they would take my advice. I cannot make anyone do anything; agency is a blessed gift bestowed upon all of us by a loving Father in Heaven. I understand how awful it is to have people try to tell you what would help you--I loathed whenever my mom, or others, mentioned turning to God. I realize now why they would constantly bombard me with their desires for me to repent and come unto Christ. I realize now that their tender tears sealed their testimony of the saving powers of Jesus Christ. My Savior lifted my burdens--didn't take them away, but I was able to feel an indescribable peace. That peace is the most cherished memory that I have. Without it, I wouldn't be where I am. I wouldn't be able to live my life with a genuine smile on my face, instead of the one I plastered on to please those around me.
I suppose I just want to seal my testimony with my words. Come unto Christ. Whether your burdens are heavy or light, He will lift them off your shoulders and help you make it through. I know the gospel is the only way to peace and joy that lasts. Nothing else in the world comes close. Never has, and never will. Trust me. I have emerged from the darkest pits of torment on the wings of my Savior. He can rescue you too. He will rescue you too.
Comments
Post a Comment