An Answer

   Once again I am dumbfounded by just how involved the Lord is in the lives of His children. A series of events today left me feeling hurt, lost and confused. In all honesty, I hated that all of this had to happen at once. With each new decision I was faced with, another burst forth as a result. In just a matter of hours I had gone from having a blissful rest from school, to being trapped within a whirlwind of unexplainable distress. When I couldn't handle it any longer, I decided to open up to my mom. She and I discussed all that I must do, and she mentioned what she thought that I should do in order to understand all that I needed to decide upon. She recommended I do two things: 1. talk to this undisclosed close friend of mine and 2. pray. That's exactly what I did, and I was startled to find the answers to my questions came immediately after. My friend was very supportive and had some wonderful insights into how to handle the situations I was put into. I am extremely grateful for that. I am also grateful for the Lord's answer to my prayers. While I was venting to the Lord I overheard my mom on the phone with my grandma and I was overcome with the feeling that I needed to talk to her. So, I immediately closed my prayer and asked my mom to hand me the phone. 48 minutes later, I was able to have the fog that was surrounding me dismembered and I saw clearly just want I needed to do. I felt the Spirit of the Lord so strongly--I knew, without a doubt in my mind, that He loved me and was watching over me, as well as another friend of mine with whom I was greatly concerned for. As soon as I finished conversing with my loving grandmother, I followed my promptings, went ahead with a few decisions, and I feel extremely relieved knowing that everything is in the hands of God now.
     This experience only strengthened my testimony of the truth behind the Lord's influence in our lives. While I was talking to my mom about everything, she really helped me realize that the Lord truly does know what is going to happen in the future, and He does all He can to prepare us in advance to combat the challenges we are going to face. As much as I hate to deviate from the original content of this post, I feel like it is necessary to expand upon a discovery that I have made about the Lord's influence in our lives:
      My mom and I began talking about my current circumstances, and I was upset about the decisions a friend of mine had been making. Concerned for her, I vented my emotions and was able to sort through some of my thoughts. I anticipated the conversation to encompass just her and her situation, however it took a turn as my mother brought up my friend Cole (I apologize for finally revealing your identity, but since you failed to give me another name by which to refer to you as, you have brought this upon yourself). She expressed how grateful she was for me to have met him because of his positive influence on my life. She was grateful for me to have found someone who was so supportive of me, in every way. Supportive in the sense that he cares about my well-being, but that he also shares my same standards and beliefs and is very understanding of my desires. My mom told me that she definitely felt like the Lord played a part in me meeting him because it just seemed too perfect for me to have met a person who is as perfect for me as he is, in such a random way to have met nonetheless. While my mom was expressing her feelings about Cole, I began to think about the current situation I was in, and the hard decisions I was having to make concerning the friend of mine. I realized that the decisions I was going to have to make would've been nearly impossible for me to do without having someone to help me through the transition. I realized that I needed Cole. I needed someone to be able to be a support to me as I had to face the reality of what had to be done. The Lord knew that if I didn't have someone else, I wouldn't be able to do what need to be executed. He prepared me for today by giving me a remarkable blessing: the friendship of someone who fit into my life perfectly. My mom continued on to say that she knew that people didn't fit into our lives as easily as Cole fit into mine without an explicit need for them. I agree with her, Cole shouldn't have fit into my life so fluidly. He simply was apart of it from the moment he entered, and it was as if he had been there my entire life. His comfort and the feeling of security which he has brought into my life were completely necessary. Knowing I had a friend like him in my corner helped me to realize that even though what I have to do now is going to be hard, it's what needs to happen. Having him with me through the transition is what I will need to make it through.
     I can't express the gratitude which is bursting forth from my being at this time. How can one not be grateful to know that the Divine Creator is actively involved in their life? Not only is He involved in my current affairs, He knows what is to come and is actively trying to do all He can to make sure that I am ready to face the challenges when they arrive. This isn't something that is exclusively for me, instead, He is this way with all of His children. I know that to be true. If you don't believe me, take a moment and think back at the past few weeks or months of your life. I guarantee that if you look you will see instances where He has helped to guide you, or others, to be exactly where you needed to be. The more you look, the more you'll be able to see. The blessings never cease. The Lord's hand is in all that we do. I testify to the validity of that statement. The Lord loves you more than you can ever comprehend; I can't even comprehend the love He has for me. Yet, I know that because of His love He does all that He can to help me. I am never alone--even at the times that I feel like I am. I know that His compassion extends to you as well. If you can but look, you will see the loving hand of the Lord guiding you throughout the harsh and bitter reality that is this mortal sphere. The beauty of this is, if we but let Him, He will shelter us from the storm. He will help us make it through.

Comments

Popular Posts