What Did I Ever Do?
I'm not sure what I have done in order to deserve the amazing and wonderful that are in my life. I am truly blessed to have people who genuinely love and care for me, and I couldn't ever imagine that I really deserve their love. Nonetheless, by some miracle, I have managed to obtain it, and I will forever be counting my many blessings because of it.
A specific example of their loving kindness was yesterday, which just so happened to be the day I entered into adulthood. My parents, fearful of buying me a gift I wouldn't end up liking, decided to just get me money. I was fine with that, but they went above and beyond. They decided to buy my 18 favorite foods and each take turns writing a card to go along with it. Those cards meant more to me than the food or the money. It showed they cared, and that they truly loved me. And then there was Noel. I can't even begin to describe just how much her gift meant to me. I almost cried when I was opening it--I hardly ever cry, so that's a big deal. I can only imagine she spent hours upon hours working on my gift. She decided to take my favorite quote by Macklemore ("change the game, don't let the game change you") and make it into an artistic peice using nails, string and wood. I couldn't believe how caring she was, how observant she was, and her artistic skills continue to blow me away. I would've been more than happy to have just received that as my gift, but there was more. She got me five of my favorite chapsticks, and two USA pins because she knows how much I enjoy things like that. Even just receiving the pins would've been enough, but, there was more. She also took a deck of cards and decorated each one and gave a reason why she loved me. 52 reasons later, I was dumbfounded as to how I managed to obtain a friend like her. I truly consider myself the luckiest girl alive. But, I had many other friends whom also showed their love to me and I will forever be grateful for that. My friend Madison went out of her way to wish me a happy birthday on all aspects of social media, and each one was sweeter than the last. My friend Said went shopping for me and texted me saying he had found the perfect gift, and his enthusiasm in showing me was a good enough gift itself. He cared about me enough to be excited about giving me a gift. That means a lot. Not to mention there were many other people who wished me happy birthday via text or social media, and I'm grateful for all of them as well.
God has truly blessed me with the opportunity to be blessed by such wonderful people. I'm grateful for my friendships with all of them. I'm grateful for the love they all have for me--even though I doubt I deserve it. Some of the finest people in the entire world are apart of my life, and I will be grateful for that eternally.
Saydee!! I am so glad you like the present I got you. I thought it'd be super lame 'cause most of it is DIYed, but coolio! Glad you love it! And for the record, I dont deserve a friend like you :) You are too good to me.
ReplyDelete