So Long, Farewell
My poor friends and those who follow me on social media are going to be annoyed by this post because this is a subject I frequent. Today, one of my best friends boarded a plane to New Zealand where he will spend the next two years serving the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm glad he decided to go because I know that he will help some people over there find true and lasting happiness. It will be a blessing for both their lives and his. For that, I am happy. However, being the selfish person that I am, I'm definitely going to miss him. The reality of everything didn't set in until today. We said our final goodbyes. It's weird to think I wont have him there to text me twenty four/seven, even those times when it annoyed me and I just wanted a break. He knew my favorite movies and comedians just as well as I did, so we could sit for hours and quote. Sometimes I would get embarrassed, and I hate to admit it, but I didn't always love to brag about him being my friend, but the fact of the matter is, he is one of my best friends. I'm certainly going to miss him. A lot. I don't like to think about the reality that the next time we will see each other is when I'm just a few weeks away from 20, and that's if I decide to not serve a mission myself. I feel like I just lost a brother, but when it comes down to it, he's doing something much more important than staying here in little ol' Provo and I couldn't be happier that he is. Tyler, I'll certainly miss you, but you're going to be one heck of a missionary!







Comments
Post a Comment