It's Not What You Think

Don't tell me it's wrong 
I already know that 
I knew that when I started 
The first time I tried 
It was wrong then 
It's not wrong now 
It makes me feel good 
The pain goes away 
I forget what it feels like
At least for those few moments 
It's healing 
Refreshing 
I can't sleep all day 
Yet that's what I want 
It's not a waste 
That's what it's for 
To feel good 
That's why I like it 
You wouldn't understand 
No one does
I'm sick all the time 
I hurt every second 
A pain so dulling 
I can't remember life as a full person
I'm not empty 
I'm full
Full of suppressed screams 
And haunting aches
This takes me away
I know that it's wrong 
But I feel good 
The pain is gone 
It's my only escape
Don't judge me
Don't try to change me
Or fix me 
Or fit me to your mold 
This is who I am
What I am 
How I am
I wouldn't change 
I couldn't change
Even if I tried

Comments

  1. THIS. IS GREATER THAN LIFE ITSELF. 'I LOVE IT' WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts