I'm Proud to Call Myself a Thunderbird

There's not too many people who can say that their senior year of High School was filled with 4 state championships all before the first semester was over. And I was lucky enough to watch the football team progress this year. I never missed a home game. I went to all the state games. And I can very honestly say, I was their loudest and most enthusiastic supporter this entire season. I don't really know any of them personally, but I have pride in my school, and so, I was there cheering on those fine young men who represented it. (Not to mention they look extremely good in their uniforms and I love the state game tradition of bleaching their hair....it's super hot).
   Honestly, I never thought I'd make a post like this. As a matter of fact, I hated High School my first few years here. Not because of anything other than the fact that I didn't get involved. I didn't really go to any games my sophomore and junior years, and ironically those were the worst years of my high school experience. But this year, I decided to get involved. This meant I started volunteering in class and sharing my opinions, I became president of the ASL club, I tried out to be the mascot, I joined clubs, and I have gone to a majority of the schools activities (dances, games, plays and concerts) and I have made more friends and enjoyed my experience at school exponentially more than I ever thought possible. I bleed orange and blue. I'm a thunderbird through and through. I'll be sporting my high school gear all my life, and I hope to have my kids experience Timpview in the way that I was blessed to. I know, it's cheesy. But this is a great school, with great programs, teachers and students. I'm by no means "popular" and a majority of the student body probably doesn't even know that I exist, but that isn't something that can detur me from loving this school. I genuinely, 100% couldn't be prouder to be anything more than a Timpview T-Bird!!

Fight on, you Thunderbirds, wherever you may be.
Fight on, you Thunderbirds, fight on to victory.
Battle to win the glory, honor your name.
Courage will tell the story, bringing you fame.
Fight on, you Thunderbirds, who wear the orange and white. High
er and higher we’ll fly!
Now and forever, let us fight with all our might.
Fight on, Timpview High

Comments

Popular Posts