I was so good
I lasted longer than I had before
But I slipped
I stumbled
Whatever I lost 
Came back two fold
It'll take weeks to get back
I didn't have the willpower
It called to me
I gave in
It controlled me
Consumed me
As I consumed it
Where was the strength
I had no choice
I didn't want to
Some other force wouldn't let me stop
It's never been this bad
I could always stop
I stopped yesterday
And the day before
And even before that
I didn't even find it satisfying
It didn't fill any void
It didn't delight my senses
I wanted it out
It wouldn't leave
I tried and tried
It had taken a permanent residence
It would destroy me
That's what it wants
Devoid me of happiness
The satisfaction of achievement
Now I feel sick
There's too much
More than there should be
What have I done
It wasn't my fault
I didn't do it
I didn't want to do it
I had no choice
I chose to be dictated 
I didn't expect this
I didn't want this
I wanted to be something more
More than the hollow shell
The empty pit
I have become someone else
I don't like it
I liked myself yesterday
No; I liked what I envisioned yesterday
Yesterday I was better than today
But worse than I would be
Than I could be
Than I could've been
I threw that way
One mistake, then another
The detour made me miserable
More than usual
The headache is gone
But that isn't worth it
I want to love myself
Beauty is pain
Winning is pain
Achievement is sacrifice
Therefore I need to sacrifice
Endure the pain
To finally be happy
Contempt with who I am
What I am
I'll do whatever it takes
I wont end up like them
I'll be smart
I'll be safe
I wont go too far
I wont relapse again
Today was a one time mistake
A learning experience
Never again
I will achieve my goals
I'll do what I want
I won't listen to anyone else
Including myself
Half the time it's wrong
But I wont be wrong now
I know what I'm doing
It is guaranteed to work
I don't have time to work
I don't have to do anything
Except stop doing what people claim
Is vital to my existence
I'll show them
I'll prove them wrong
They'll see
Eventually they'll see what I see
I'll see what they say
I'll be beautiful
I'll finally see it

Comments

  1. such a wonderful freeverse poem! it's like reading your stream of conciousness. 5/5 stars.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts