The Power of Positivity
I know I often post on how important I believe positivity is, so bear with me. In life, things can be difficult, and being a teenager, I find things dramatically more difficult than, in reality, they are. For instance, waking up for church. I struggle with that, especially when I spend my night talking with my absolute favorite person on the planet until the wee hours of the morning. So, naturally, I was "grouchy" to say the least. As I walked into church, late (I lost my keys...) I heard the hymn "There Is Sunshine In My Soul" and my mood was instantly lifted. I began singing and smiling as I walked in and made my way to "my family's" bench in the front of the chapel. My mood changed all day.
My story doesn't end here. After church, one of the speakers grabs me by my arm and thanks me for walking in with such a big smile on my face as I sang. He felt terrible about giving a talk, and I reinstituted the sunshine into his soul.
So guys, be positive! There's no situation in the world that complaining and being negative won't make it worse. No matter how terrible things may seem, there is always hope, and always something good to find. I try to find the sunshine, and I can't remember a time in the past few months I've been genuinely upset and miserable. But, I understand the difficulties of finding sunshine through the storms, but that is how I made it out of years of depression. Being positive, looking for the positives, and celebrating the positives is how you find joy and peace in life. It's how you learn to love yourself, love life, and love others. It's what makes things bearable. It's what helps us endure. There's no other option. There's no other way. I testify of that truth. If you're miserable, sad or depressed, stop looking at the bad, and open your eyes to the blessings in every situation! Because there's plenty!!
I hope you all soon find your own soul's sunshine!!! :D *hugs*
Comments
Post a Comment