The Greatest Inspiration and Motivation
Listening to his music holds such power. I don't mean the popular songs on the radio (however I do love those), but the songs that are so personal, raw and inspiring that they send chills down your spine--specifically Make The Money and Ten Thousand Hours.
I should've known his story beforehand, especially since I claimed to be a Macklemore fan, but hearing him speak so candidly about his drug addiction, rehab, relapse, and re-entry into rehab really spoke to me. He felt like he couldn't amount to anything, I feel that way--not because of drugs, but for other reasons of feeling inadequate, but there he was, touring the world doing something he loves, expressing how he feels, recreating his life and struggles in a way that speaks to millions.
Nothing is more inspiring than that. Being at that concert was liberating. I realized that I can pursue my passions, no matter what any one else thinks. If I put in the time, effort, and sweat, I can be successful also. It doesn't matter the labels, the expectations, or the cage I have been placed in, I can do what I want. I have the right to pursue what makes me happy. I deserve to be happy.
That's a big shift for someone suffering for years from depression. To finally feel like you're worth being happy is a great accomplishment. This doesn't mean I have the right to boast of myself, or forget the people that made me who I am, but that does mean I am capable of doing great things, even if those around me don't think I can make it, or don't think I should.
Plus, his lyrics questioning society, calling them out and being willing to share his opinions, without fear of reprocussion is something I aspire to as an artist. There's definitely corruption all around, and being able to speak about it in music is what I aspire to do. I'm even in the process of it now. Hearing his lyrics made me feel comfortable questioning my life, who I am, and what I believe. It was the greatest thing I could've ever experienced.
Thanks Macklemore for literally changing my life, and how I view myself. Nothing has been able to do that, and I've tried a lot of different things. Nothing helped. Until now. Thank you.
Thanks Macklemore for literally changing my life, and how I view myself. Nothing has been able to do that, and I've tried a lot of different things. Nothing helped. Until now. Thank you.





Saydee, this seriously makes me so happy. Im so glad Macklemore inspired you! :)
ReplyDelete