Poetry, because I can.

There's this mold they've created
Their standards reinstated
What they want, I just can't be

My wild side just can't exist
But the devil is hard to resist
Maybe I don't want to be "free"

I need to be better than just what I am
I must stop being their lost little lamb
What I am they no longer find "holy"

But I like the distaste
from being misplaced
Is it worth it for me to come back?




------------------



There's a girl you've passed by
A sad look in her eye
And you simply do not care

There's a girl you've passed by
I see you don't try
To lift her burdens and share

There's a girl you've passed by
You don't wonder why
She doesn't have anyone there

There's a girl you've passed by
You don't know she'll die
Her burdens became too much to bear




------------------




The cup was full
Up to the brim
Dripping over the sides

One day a chip
Along the left rim
Extended all down the glass

The water slipped
It rushed out fast
Then it started to slow

The counter is wet
And the broken shards
Are now dry





------------------





Long I've waited here for you
Patiently waiting to enter your view
I knew everything that we would be
And how it would set both of us free
After a while you caught on too
Realizing together we could get through
But just as things were going well
We stumbled, tripped and down we fell





-------------------






My bubble burst, you entered in
I let you peek inside
I showed you pieces that were misplaced
The parts of me which died
I'm open now, for you to see
I want to push you out
For now you know my pains, my fears
What my sadness is about
Now you too will leave me here
Alone amidst my doubt





-------------------







I jump with faith
No one is there
I cry out in pain
No one is there
Alone I walk
No one is there
I turn around
No one is there
I express my love
No one is there
I continue on
No one will care
For no one is there





Comments

  1. I am so glad you posted this, your poetry is so inspiring. You really do have a way with words!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts