Pass On a Kind Word :)

    Yesterday I went down to American Fork to watch my cousin play in a softball tournament. I was excited to go down and see my family. But the softball tournament itself isn't the reason for this post, instead, two people I met while at the tournament.
     The first was the waitress serving my family and I at the Pizza Factory in between two of Summer's games. Just as we were getting up to leave the waitress stopped me and told me that I was beautiful and that I really pulled off the red lipstick I happened to be wearing.
      The second was a nine-year-old girl (as I assume), who was teasing my cousin Shane. He called out to me, and I went to go "save" him. As I approached, the girl asked "Shane, is that your cousin?" Upon responding with a yes, she said "She's really pretty."


       Now I share these instances not to brag of my self, but instead to focus on the impact that those to comments had on me. It had been a bad day, and I just felt a little down on myself (insecurities and boy issues--typical 17-year-old female problems). The fact that those two people took the five seconds it took to  compliment completely changed my day, and they helped me to feel better about  myself. Their comments lead to a chain reaction in me, and I was nicer and happier. I was friendlier to those around me, and walked around with a smile on my face, which caused a chain reaction in others, and they were smiling as well.
        This experience showed me just how important it is to compliment others (or at the very least smile at them). So, I wrote this post to urge everyone to never hold back a compliment or a smile. You never know the impact it could have on a person! :)

Comments

Popular Posts