Les Mis life lesson?
I was watching "Les Miserables" tonight (my current favorite in both the music and movie categories) and after a couple events that have happened recently, I was struck in a profound way that may seem rather stupid to anyone else, but to me is a great sign of hope.
The journey of Valjean is one similar to my life (and probably the lives of every other person to have ever lived) in the sense that we both made mistakes in the past, and had to suffer through the consequences that were prolonged due to our fighting the way to freedom. But through God (and repentance) we found a new hope.
Now, to clarify, I'm not saying I am a saint now, as Jean Valjean was (and don't even argue with me on that, he was a saint!), but I am saying that I know through God I have a hope for a bright future.
And then, at the end of the movie, the line "Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise" really hit home. I've been going through a lot lately, which has been troubling to me, especially at the times when I choose to turn bitter, instead of better by the trials placed in front of me. But, you know what? It's true! I can tell you that with confidence. I know that even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise, because I know that there is a God in Heaven, who is watching out for each of His children. He has shown me mercy countless times, and has helped me out of the saddest and darkest moments of my life. I know that He is there, and I know that He loves me, as well as every single one of His children.
So just remember, through God, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
The journey of Valjean is one similar to my life (and probably the lives of every other person to have ever lived) in the sense that we both made mistakes in the past, and had to suffer through the consequences that were prolonged due to our fighting the way to freedom. But through God (and repentance) we found a new hope.
Now, to clarify, I'm not saying I am a saint now, as Jean Valjean was (and don't even argue with me on that, he was a saint!), but I am saying that I know through God I have a hope for a bright future.
And then, at the end of the movie, the line "Even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise" really hit home. I've been going through a lot lately, which has been troubling to me, especially at the times when I choose to turn bitter, instead of better by the trials placed in front of me. But, you know what? It's true! I can tell you that with confidence. I know that even the darkest night will end, and the sun will rise, because I know that there is a God in Heaven, who is watching out for each of His children. He has shown me mercy countless times, and has helped me out of the saddest and darkest moments of my life. I know that He is there, and I know that He loves me, as well as every single one of His children.
So just remember, through God, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
Comments
Post a Comment