There's one more angel in heaven. There's one more star in the sky.
A young man at my school passed away this morning, due to many minor medical problems that added up to create a problem modern medicine just couldn't handle. As our entire student body prayed for him, it made me realize just how much of our lives are out of our control, and placed into God's hands. Parker was a nice boy, who sat in front of me in math. I barely talked to him, but now I wish that I would've. The only memory I really have of him was when I was "water girl" for the sophomore football team earlier this year. I hated being there, and after a long day of dealing with rude boys younger than me cussing me out and demanding water I was fed up and ready to leave. But when Parker approached me he looked me in the eyes and said "thank you". He was the only one who showed me any form of gratitude, and I don't think he realized how it affected me. There are so many things in life which are taken for granted each and every day. This experience has made me realize how important it is to follow in the path The Lord wants us to be in, doing the things we should, and taking time to appreciate every blessing in our lives. My life will never be the same, as I am sure can be said about the lives of everyone at Timpview High School. My prayers go out to his family and close friends. And God: use Parker well up there in heaven.
Comments
Post a Comment