Tender Mercies by: Ruth Biddulph
I may never sit upon a mountain top
And see Thy suns and worlds
Unnumbered and unknown;
I may never kneel in a sacred grove, shrouded
In supernal glory, not my own;
I may never see Thy immortal finger
Touch with light each stone;
I may never witness worldly visions
Things to come, unspeakable, unknown
Thy voice has always been a silent whisper,
Burning in my heart;
Thy presence, though unseen,
Has warmed me with Thy love.
I do not need transcendent miracles
To bring me to my knees;
Thy endless loving mercies, ever flowing,
Wrap me close within Thy arms
And bring me peace
And see Thy suns and worlds
Unnumbered and unknown;
I may never kneel in a sacred grove, shrouded
In supernal glory, not my own;
I may never see Thy immortal finger
Touch with light each stone;
I may never witness worldly visions
Things to come, unspeakable, unknown
Thy voice has always been a silent whisper,
Burning in my heart;
Thy presence, though unseen,
Has warmed me with Thy love.
I do not need transcendent miracles
To bring me to my knees;
Thy endless loving mercies, ever flowing,
Wrap me close within Thy arms
And bring me peace
Comments
Post a Comment