Life is going by fast.

Life, it's moving too fast. It seems like just yesterday I started my sophomore year, and now I'm a few weeks from finishing it. I feel like most of this year has been ripped away, and I've had to view everything from the sidelines. Injuries are still preventing me from playing the sports I love.  I haven't been motivated in school since I returned from my concussion, and my grades have been slipping. Yet, even the good memories seem like only a dream. I can't come to the reality that I can both date and drive. Summer job? Yeah, I'll probably have one. I'm almost half-way done with high school, and then I'll be on to college. Some of good friends are seniors and in all reality I probably will never see them again once this school year is over. Reality is staring me dead in the face, and no matter how hard I try to look away, it's horrific beauty pulls my eyes back again. I feel old, and yet, so young. It seems like just last week I was filming movies with my twinies and watching movies at midnight while eating popsicles with my mom. Yet I feel like I should still be that awkward 8th grader, trying to figure out who I was, and who I'd become.

When I was young, I'd never would've imagined my life would be this way. I never thought I'd be as shy as I am, yet as crazy as I am. I never would've envisioned myself having the friends that I have. I would've never guessed my favorite subject would be math, and my least favorite english. I never would've been caught dead in a drama class and here I am in Drama II. I didn't think I'd get a serious concussion which caused me to visit the hospital 5 different times, and take four different prescriptions. Who knew I'd be suffering from chronic rib, neck and hip conditions? I certainly didn't. I never thought I'd make the mistakes I have made. Yet no matter how my life has changed, it's all been for the better. These experiences have formed me into the person I am now, and they've drawn me closer to God, in ways I would've never thought possible. I would've change any (and I mean any!) of my experiences or decisions, because they've all brought me to where I am now. My friendships have been strengthened, talents were realized, my personality revitalized, and my connection with God was intensified.

No matter what I've done or where I've been, the life I'm living now was meant for me, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Comments

Popular Posts