My Testimony of Christ
The past week was one filled with laughter, joy, and spiritual enrichment. Girls Camp has always been one of my personal favorite activities that is held by the church. Though, I had absolutely no desire to go this year, but I'm so glad that I ended up going. My relationship with the young women in my ward was strengthened as well as my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. Through out the whole week I was able to feel His love as well as my Father in Heaven's love for me, and it was manifested in a few different ways. I was able to feel the warmth and calm the Spirit brings, my prayers were answered, I finally felt at peace again, and I felt happy, and I was able to learn about all the things that have been "plaguing" me and how to eliminate those things from my life.
But one of the things that struck me most, and really made me realize my testimony and my love for Him happened today, in Sunday School. Our lesson was on the Savior, and for our lesson we watched a movie about the Atonement. While watching that movie I felt a feeling that is indescribable, and I felt that I knew that this was true. I've always felt the love of Christ in my life, even when I've sinned, and I felt that all was lost for me. But it wasn't. Christ was there to continue to bless me and love me, and He delivered all the necessary things that I needed to be able to begin to feel the Spirit with me again. Last Sunday there was also something mentioned that was brought to my attention again at Girls Camp which was "Sometimes we feel that the Atonement works for everybody but ourselves". I realized how I thought that to be so true in some of my past experiences, but I had realized in just that past few months just how much the Atonement was really made for everyone, including myself. I felt the love of Christ, I felt His comfort, and I can say that I know that He suffered all of the sins of the world. I know that He suffered all the pains and afflictions of sin so that He could comfort us, and help us through out our earthly life.
I love my Savior with all my heart, and I am so very and truly grateful for His sacrifice to help all of us who have come to this earth.

Comments
Post a Comment