Oak City

                   Yesterday I returned from a weekend plus of FUN! I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I originally thought that I would. So you guys wanna know what happened? OK I'll tell ya, (even though most of you probably already know...). On Friday my aunt Jenni picked me up, and we chatted and listened to music until we reached Oak City, about two hours south from Provo. We then were given the tour of my Grandparents new home in the making. After sitting around for a little, we got ready and went to a baby shower for my 2nd cousin. We played a variety of games, but my favorite was this game where they melted candybars in a diaper, and you had to smell the different ones and try to figure out which candybars are which. It was really funny. After the baby shower, we went back to my grandparents house and just hung around, until we later ventured into Delta to eat at Leo's and go to the park, while my Grandparents were at a dinner for their cousins.

                  Saturday we had a family reunion to go to. It was pretty fun, but I nearly fell asleep while everyone was going on about their families, and how they were doing. I really didn't even know most of them, so to me it was just random people talking about even more random people. But for the people I did know, it was pretty cool. Also my talented cousin and 2nd cousin sang the song, "Meet Me in Apple Blossom Time" by the Andrew Sisters. They were really good. (Good job guys!!) We also played volleyball, and playing volleyball with them was really just me showing everyone how bad I was. I mean I used to play, but I don't anymore, plus even when I did play, I wasn't very good. So I embarrassed myself, but had some fun while doing so.

                 Sunday we went to church at my Grandparents ward. It was a tiny little place, and I didn't know anyone but I still enjoyed listening to the speakers, and feeling the spirit is always a day brightener. After church we changed and gathered food together to go eat up in the canyon. But as soon as we got to the canyon, we realized we left my cousin Shane back at the cabin. So his dad went back and got him. So we ate, and took pictures and had a pretty fun time. (At least I did.)

                  Monday we went to the Delta Reservoir. We took pictures, we jumped off the dock, we swam, and made my cousin Jillian a mermaid using the clay at the bottom of the deeper part of the rez. (Yeah, I know, delightful right?) After the rez. we went to Hogi Yogi and got sandwiches, and then returned to the cabin. We then showered, and played cards. The rest of the day is a little sketchy so we probably watched TV or got ready or something. But I honestly have no memories to add, (it's too late for me). Unless we ate fajitas and saw a double rainbow. Actually yeah, I think that's what happened. But I am not completely sure.

                 Tuesday we went bowling in Delta, at the bowling alley right next to a bar. So there were creepy drunks around, and a 12-year-old couple making out; at least they looked that young. We played, and of course I lost, but that's OK I am no good at bowling. After bowling we got a pizza and then walked to the hospital where my Grandma works. We sat around there before we went back to the cabin. When we were back at the cabin, we changed and got ready to go 4-wheeling at the sand dunes. We rode the 4-wheelers over to the dunes. While at the dunes my cousin Danielle almost drove us off the edge of the dune, but she didn't so it's all good. We also jumped off the dunes, took pictures and were attacked by mosquitoes. After the dunes, we road horses and then took showers and hung around the house. We played cards, and started on a song.

                 Wednesday was the day I had to go, so we got ready and piled in the car to journey to Provo. They dropped me off while they went to a movie. I came home, was greeted by my friends, then went to mutual. (which was SO much fun BTW)

                  So that's pretty much my trip to Oak City. It was really fun, and I am so glad that I went, but now I am going to read my scriptures then go to sleep, cause I gots to get up early, and I was up till 1:15 watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At Worlds End with Elias and Said; and didn't end up actually sleeping till like 3:30. So until next time!

~Tired Gal!~

Comments

  1. i love that pic of me and Said and you eating snow and the wavy one:) haha i love us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts