My Summer?

My summer has been fun and yet boring. Hot and yet cold. Enjoyable and unbearable. Major contradictions; but you know I still love summer.

Last week I attended BYU Basketball Camp with my bestist buddie, and I was totally looking forward to the ten hours of non-stop play time. Until I realized that compared to every other girl there, I stunk like stink on a wart-hog. And it didn't help that I got tons of little cuts and bruises. But you know, that I love basketball with a burning passion, and enjoyed every minute of the soreness, and the jump shots, and making the semi-finals on almost all of the solo competitions. (I only didn't go into one, cause I got beat by one lay-up!!!)

On Wednesday we had a Trek meeting, and a 'Square Dancing' activity. Which was both weird, and super fun. I started off dancing with my friend, (who happens to be very nice and cute both a +) [haha] then ended up dancing with my cousin. But sadly I have two left feet, (or maybe it's just because I have two different sized feet...) and so I am no dancer, and I probably hurt multiple people in my attempts to "dance" (if it can even be called dancing.)

Thursday my friends and I played 'Scum' and on Friday we played 'The Great Del Mutti(?)' [honestly I am a horrific speller so don't take that name spelling too seriously]. Friday night, my friend Hillary and I decided to do a little 'science' experiment on human magnetism. [Mainly just about how our 'friends' flock around certain people when they are around.] But eventually my friends point about me being 'magnetic' was proved correct when my "friend" [ :) ] Joined us in our random gallivanting around the neighborhood as different animals. It was a total blast and so much funner with both of 'em.

On Saturday I came down with a horrible cold, (my voice sounded really gross!!) and a HUGE cold sore, and to make matters even better (or worse depending on the sarcasm you got from that) I had a birthday party for my friend Kyle. I went but didn't enjoy it too much. I mean I loved everyone there, but I couldn't do much, and got kinda annoyed with my friends who constantly were flirting, and it got kinda weird. Plus my voice was WAY gross, so I didn't talk much.

Today I had a sports physical and got some shots. (Vaccines I hadn't gotten already.) And my arm KILLS from them. Also my friends went a little overboard about asking my neighbor to hang. And is it wrong of me not wanting to play a little town game that they are so excited about? I mean COME ON we are going into High School for goodness sake! But they are super excited and I don't want to let them down or they'll accuse me of like the Morgans or Beth more than them, and that I am a jerk. (OK my friend Said is overly dramatic at times, and can get rather annoying...) But I guess I could see their point, but I really don't want to play 'Town' cause that's overly lame, I would rather do something cooler. (Even though I don't know if you could count fighting with either plastic lighsabers or Nerf guns cooler, but it's at least more physical.)

Well I am done with my random contradicting rant. Until next time my compadres!

Comments

Popular Posts