Have you ever...
Have you ever wondered, ever questioned if your good enough? Have you ever judged yourself based on others looks, or how they act? Have you ever thought that you didn't have any talents, while everyone around swarmed in talents galore? Truth is, almost every single person has. They have thought they weren't good enough, that they should be more like others, and that they were talentless. I have this too. I do it constantly. I will think to myself, that I don't have any talents, or that those around me are amazing and I should be more like them. Or that I am not pretty enough to fit into this crazy messed-up society we live in. And the truth is, these are all lies. Every single person has something amazing to offer the world. Every single person in beautiful, (for as an amazing young women in my ward said, "God doesn't create ugly children"). I agree with that 100% God doesn't make ugly children, He doesn't make people worthless or talentless, He creates each and everyone of us with unique and special talents to offer the world.
I am sure everyone has seen someone who they wished they could be like, who they admire, who they look up to. But does anyone ever think that maybe someone looks up to them? And strives to be like them? Most people don't think that, or understand that there is always someone who admires you.
Today I challenge myself, and those of you who are reading this, that for at least one week, you try not to judge yourself based on others, that you try to think only positive about yourself, that you realize the talents you posses and that you strive to develop them, that you can help others. (Now don't take this as, 'Now I have a chance to brag about myself to the whole world!' or 'I am the greatest person who ever lived!') You also need to not judge others based on their looks, or "brains", and I challenge you (myself included) for just one week to try to be positive and kind to others, and to try to find at least one nice thing to say to someone, that you don't think they know about themselves.
I also challenge you girls out there to listen to Jenny Jordan Frogley's Song: Never Be Another (I love that song!!)
I am going to do this, and I hope you will too. Until next time.
~Saydee Ruth~
I am sure everyone has seen someone who they wished they could be like, who they admire, who they look up to. But does anyone ever think that maybe someone looks up to them? And strives to be like them? Most people don't think that, or understand that there is always someone who admires you.
Today I challenge myself, and those of you who are reading this, that for at least one week, you try not to judge yourself based on others, that you try to think only positive about yourself, that you realize the talents you posses and that you strive to develop them, that you can help others. (Now don't take this as, 'Now I have a chance to brag about myself to the whole world!' or 'I am the greatest person who ever lived!') You also need to not judge others based on their looks, or "brains", and I challenge you (myself included) for just one week to try to be positive and kind to others, and to try to find at least one nice thing to say to someone, that you don't think they know about themselves.
I also challenge you girls out there to listen to Jenny Jordan Frogley's Song: Never Be Another (I love that song!!)
I am going to do this, and I hope you will too. Until next time.
~Saydee Ruth~
HOLY CRAP! You are SO amazing! Writing, speaking, preaching, teaching.... everything! You inspire me So much and I love you for that! Your blog helps me through a LOT and i thank you from the top of my heart! I love you SO MUCH!
ReplyDelete