Spiritually Touched.
This weekend has been such a fabulous one for my spiritual growth. With the Young Womens General Broadcast yesterday, and such wonderful lessons today, I could really feel the spirit touching my heart. In my Young Womens Group we have also been singing the song, "Be Strong and of Good Courage". I absolutely love that song, the spiritual message in it, is so strong and touching. I am really looking forward to singing it tonight at New Beginning's. And with General Conference next week-end, my testimony is sure to grow.
The Young Women's meeting yesterday was so amazing. From what I heard in Young Women's most people especially loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk, and Sister Dalton's, but I couldn't ever pick a favorite. They were all so amazing, and wonderful. They all delivered a unique and special message, that touched me. The video they showed also was very good, and I loved it. The songs they sang also we fabulous. I can not think of anything that I didn't love about that meeting!
Sunday School and my Young Women's lesson's were also so good! I love my teachers so dearly for all their time and preparation they put into delivering us such wonderful messages. Both Sister Morgan and Sister Santiago are amazing teachers, and I look forward to every Sunday when I get to hear them speak and teach us.
Aahh... I can't wait till the Conference Issue of the "Ensign" comes, because I am searching everywhere to find the talks last night but they aren't there yet, maybe in a few days right? haha I hope so.
I am so excite for Wednesday too, because we have the "Pioneer Trek Kick-Off" activity. (Since my stake is going on Trek this summer!!!) It will be really fun, and I am very much looking forward to Trek, and Girls Camp, and maybe Ward Youth Conference this summer! So many things planned for this summer! (I also have cross-country training).
Well I believe this is the end of my spiritual ranting. But I am just so grateful to be apart of this church, and for the knowledge that I have of it's truths.
~Spirit Filled Girl~
Saydee... You are truly amazing. You have touched my heart. Really, honestly, and truly. You are such an amazing and wonderful example to me and I thank you from the top of my heart. The other day in L.A. (language arts), we were going through our Utah Studies Books, and since mormonism is such a big part of Utah, there was a lot of articles on the church and the prophets. And our sub, Mrs. Harward, asked by the raise of hands how many of us wqere mormons. And I was surprised to see about 1/4 of the class raise their hands. A little more than that probably but.... And as I looked around, I was surprised to see that many of my close friends were not. Or at least were not active at the time. And it just shocked me that even though I'm in Utah where the most mormons are, not everyone is and not everyone is rightous. Now I'm not saaying that my friends who are not mormon or active are not rightous, I'm just saying not everyone is a moromon and believes what I believe. And - specificly - 2 of my friends who are close with each other, are not active. I think they are baptized and their dads hold the prieststood, but they're just not active. But they're a little on the (what's the word?) bad side... Like they flirt with boys 24/7, they always have a boy-friend, they once in a while swear... Not [horrible] things, but... you know... Anyways my point was that (and I shouldn't judge) they could go the other path then should. And even though they probably won't, it will still be harder to be strong and couragous {if u will=} and you've inspired me. You have inspired me to always stay rightous. No matter what life throws my way. So anyways I know that this "comment" =) has been a million words long and will probably have to go on 2 pages instead of just 1, but I really wnated and needed to express my gratitude toward you. =) So truly from the top of my heart, Thank You. =)
ReplyDelete