Family History!

So today I went over to my grandma's house, cause she was going to help me with a personal progress project (which was family history). So while I am there, we found more of my relatives that need temple work done. Which is very exciting, cause now I have more people to do temple baptisms for!

As I have previously stated I love history, and I find family history very interesting. To most other 14-year-old girls I am a nerdy dork who doesn't know what fun is. Or something like that. Just because I spend my week-ends reading history books and now doing family history, instead of out having a HUGE party. And you know what? I am proud of it! Oh yes. This way my knowledge grows, and I don't have to risk falling under temptations. Now I am not saying that girls who party every week are bad, it's just I would rather deepen my knowledge and understanding. (Plus I also watch a lot of Jazz games over the weekend too, so sports are cool right?!) But in one of my LDS books I read it said that you should try to gain as much knowledge as you can in this life, cause it will all travel with you into the next. And the greater the knowledge the higher advantage in the next life you have.

So that's one of the reason's why I love history and family history. The other is that I just find it so fascinating. I don't read the books just because I want to gain knowledge but because the facts are so interesting, and I can't put down my book. And since history often repeat's itself, I can know of things that have a potential to happen again, and/or how to avoid something from happening.

Another thing of my ranting is World Wars. Cause in Sunday School we were talking about the return of Christ. And how the earth was once cleansed with water. And before he comes, the earth will be cleansed with fire. And my friend asked, "How can the world ALL be cleansed with fire?" and my teacher replied, "Bombs." So there might be a World War III so by gaining knowledge of the other world wars, I might get a better idea.

Sorry for my boring ranting. =( Until I find something else to write.

~Boring Yet Fascinated History Chic~

Comments

  1. I loved it! You're a not a nerd I love all your posts!!! Thanks! I wish I was as smart as you! Luvya! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts